If you receive a broken/damaged item, this damage was most likely caused during shipment, as we thoroughly inspect all merchandise before it leaves our warehouse. If any damage should occur during transit, we will open a Damage Claim with the shipping company provided you follow these steps INSTRUCTIONS FOR DELIVERY (Please read carefully)
1. Upon arrival, please inspect your shipment thoroughly before signing for receipt of shipment.
2. Do not sign the Bill of Lading/Freight Bill if you feel there is any breakage. Count the number of pieces received against the number shown on the freight bill. If not correct, DO NOT SIGN THE FREIGHT BILL/BOL until a notation has been made on the face of the freight bill.
3. Check for any visible damages on the carton and equipment. The delivering carrier is required by law to make notations of the damages on the freight bill before you sign. Do not take delivery of the goods if the driver says he is in a hurry and cannot wait for you to inspect the goods. The driver is required to wait for you to open the goods and inspect them. Please do so and ensure the goods are not damaged.
4. Please note damages on the BOL. If you sign a clean BOL then we cannot accept any damages later on. Please do not sign the BOL till you are satisfied with the item and are sure that there are no damages.
Do not throw away the crate, packaging and boxes. Modish Store can take a return only in the original packing. If the damage is significant, you may choose to not sign the BOL and refuse the shipment.
5. If this does occur, please contact us regarding a replacement shipment. All merchandise has been inspected and tested at manufacturer’s factory and crated in accordance with all transportation rules.
6. If delivery has been signed off and accepted without noted damage, Modish Store will try and work by a case by case basis for return. A restocking fee of 20% would apply upon return in each case.
7. If the delivery at the address given by the customer fails either because the customer does not accept the delivery or has failed to amend the wrong address given or because the customer is not present/ not contactable by phone or email, then the shipment would be returned to the warehouse and refund issued after deducting the shipment costs to the shipping address and back to the warehouse and towards any damage sustained during shipment.
8. All returns, claims, damages, complaints have to be brought to our knowledge within days of the delivery of the goods. We apologies that we are unable to process any claims, damages, returns, complaints after 5 days of the receipt of the goods. Please bring the damage to the notice of Modish at email@example.com within days of the delivery.